Hover over each question to read more
• What happens in a session of Hypnosis?
I will guide you into a relaxing hypnotic state and then talk to your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is receptive to new ideas and behaviours when hypnotised, as that is the part that deals with automatic behaviour and is the part that is allowing the unwanted behaviour to happen.
• Follow up - What Happens then?
A little while after your session I will contact you to see how you are getting on.
• Can anyone be hypnotised? It is essential you have the desire to be hypnotised as it is impossible for you to go into hypnosis against your will. It is also important that you are feeling reasonably relaxed. there are only a few factors that may may a person less susceptible to hypnosis, such as if you are a highly analytical person, then you may be harder to hypnotise, but there are techniques which any experienced hypnotherapist will understand and be able to utilise to overcome this. Very intelligent people usually go into hypnosis very easily, as do creative people and people who participate in certain sports.
• How does it feel to be under hypnosis? Most people feel very relaxed and comfortable, and once they have come out of hypnosis they feel refreshed and fully alert again within a minute or two. Some sources claim that 30 minutes of hypnosis gives the mind and body benefits equivalent to several hours of sleep. When in hypnosis you are not unconscious nor asleep, you will probably hear every word the hypnotist says to you but you may feel a little daydreamy and your body may feel very heavy. You might mentally drift off a bit or not - it is very individual. If you chose to you could open your eyes and come out of hypnosis at any time you wanted. The feeling of being under hypnosis is sometimes described as being similar to the relaxed state experienced just before falling asleep.
• Will hypnosis work for me?
For most people hypnosis works very effectively. Hypnosis is effective for many purposes, bringing changes and improvements.
• How does it work?
You can change your habits, feelings and behaviour using logic, learning, willpower and practice, but it is very difficult and even if you have very good willpower you may find it virtually impossible. This is because the subconscious mind is very powerful and is responsible for a lot of behaviours, habits and feelings. It is difficult to successfully influence your own subconscious to this extent, and this is where hypnotherapy can be highly effective. Hypnosis works by influencing your subconscious mind in line with your conscious desire to make the change you want.
• How do I choose a hypnotherapist? Ideally choose a hypnotherapist recommended to you by someone you know. Choose a hypnotherapist who is registered with the UKCHO professional registration body. Rachael Eccles is a fully Validated Practitioner, registered with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) GHR, UKCHO and BIH (British Insitute of Hypnotherpy) as well as being a member of the NHS Trusts Association Directory of Complementary and alternative practitioners.
• What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is an altered state of mind, it is a state of deep relaxation where you go into a trance. A trance is a very natural state and not so mysterious - we all go into trance for example if you become absorbed in a good book you are to all intents and purposes cut off from the world you live in albeit temporarily. The same thing can also happen when watching television, thinking over the past or day dreaming, or driving home on a familiar route and realising you do not remember getting there.
• Could I be influenced to do anything against my will? No. Hypnotherapy is a way of guiding you towards your goals, it cannot make you do anything you do not wish to do, you have to be fully compliant during the process, you would not do anything which conflicts with your moral code or your beliefs. Hypnosis can only get behaviours from you that you wish to do and make changes that you wish to make. You do not lose control at any time.
I use traditional hypnosis utilising direct suggestion, regression when required, Time Line Therapy and NLP and visualisation techniques to get the personal transformation, goal attainment and emotional and psychological healing my clients require.
Self-Hypnosis CDs and mp3s >>